food.wb.gov.in e ration card apply west Bengal & online download has become important these days. In this article, you will know all about the West Bengal E Ration card. How to Apply online, how to check status & how to finally download WB E ration card.
E Ration Card West Bengal | How to Apply, Download
The humble Ration Card has undergone several format changes over the years. West Bengal Food department recently shifted to a Digital Ration Card system (E Ration Card), in which beneficiary data is digitized and the entire approval process is conducted online.
Providing better, faster, and more transparent services to the State’s citizens is another critical objective of the FOOD WB Department. The current system of issuing Ration Cards includes printing and parcel delivery, which are not under the direct control of this Department. Additionally, it has been observed that there are frequent delays and disruptions in the process of physically delivering Digital Ration Cards to beneficiaries via speed Post, resulting in difficulties in accessing services.
WB E Ration Card Objectives
The decision of issuance of E Ration cards in West bengal was taken to fulfill following objectives
- It should be equivalent to the paper or plastic-based Ration Card.
- It should be able to be issued without any physical process of printing and delivery. The Citizen
should be able to download it from the comfort and safety of his home.
- The delays associated with the existing system should be removed.
- The authenticity of the e-Ration Card should be verifiable easily by anyone and from anywhere.
WB E Ration Card Download
Once you have filled the online application form, the department verifies the received form and if all seems ok, your new application for the new ration card is approved and a digital ration card is issued. The applicant is notified via an SMS on the registered mobile number. Here are the steps to download the West Bengal Digital ration card
- Check your registered mobile number for SMS regarding e ration card application approval
- If SMS is received, use the link given within the SMS to download the digital ration card as pdf file
How to Download Food WB E Ration Card
Digital Ration Card Download Steps West Bengal
Visit the Official Food WB Portal
Navigate to the Food WB Website first of all.
Go to the E ration card section
Now, scroll down to the e-ration card section and click on it.
You will be redirected to another page. You need to scroll down and click on “Click to Download E Ration Card”
In the next page, Enter & Verify your registered mobile number
Enter your registered mobile number , hit the get OTP button and enter the received OTP.
Select your Card type and Proceed
You will asked to choose your ration card type. Select it and continue
Download E ration card pdf
Now download your digital ration card as pdf file.
Materials: food wb
Key Features of Food WB Dept Digital Ration Card (E-RC)
- E Ration card has the same rights and privileges as Digital Ration Card.
- All concerned authorities shall accept the e-RC at par with DRC.
- e-RC can be verified online anytime by anyone through the embedded QR code, as well as from
the official website of the Deptt. by entering the e-Ration Card No.
- e-Ration Cardholder can download a copy of his e-Ration Card from the website at any time, at
any place, and any no. of times.
- The beneficiaries will be able to visit the Ration Shop to avail the food grains from the next working day
- The e-Ration Cardholder will not be required to carry his Digital Ration Card in physical /
paper format to receive food grains in a Ration Shop. He can carry a copy of the e-Ration Card
printed on plain paper show a soft copy e-Ration Card on his mobile phone to receive the
food grains from the Ration Shop.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for New Ration Card in West Bengal
The eligibility criteria to apply for new West Bengal digital ration card is listed below:
Documents Required to Apply
The following documents are essential to submit for getting West Bengal’s digital ration card.
- A passport-sized photograph of the head of the household is required.
- Photo ID proof (Voter ID card, Aadhar card, Driving license)
- Residential address proof (Electricity bill, Water bill, etc.)
- Application form
- Details of all members of the household.
- The certificates of income for all members of the family.
Be advised that a new application for E RC in West Bengal can be made for both, online and offline modes. Let’s discuss both of these processes, one by one
How to Apply Online for E Ration in West Bengal
- Navigate to the Official Page : The applicant has to visit website of the Food & Supplies Department www.food.wb.gov.in
- Go to the ration card section: Click “Services” Menu and Click Tab “Ration Card” and select link for applying for
new Ration Card as per requirement.
- Hit the Online application form : Applicant needs to click on “Apply for Digital Ration Card” link
- Fill in the WB new digital ration card form : Applicant needs to fill in all the asked information and submit the form.
How to Apply Offline For Digital Ration Card in West Bengal
Applicants need to download & Take a printout of Form No. 11. This duly filled form needs to be submitted at the nearest Food Inspector Office and/or Rationing Office.
Make sure you provide a working mobile number in the application.
After you submit your form at the concerned office, it is scrutinized and if all seems ok, it is approved by the official. You get an SMS from the Food department regarding the approval. The SMS contains a link to download the E ration card as a pdf file.
If SMS is not received, Check Application status
WB E Ration Card Apply Status Check Online
Note : Seems like the Status checking facility is temporarily down.
- Visit the Official Status checking Page
- Select your District, Municipality
- Either Enter the Last 8 Digits of the application number or Enter the complete 16 digits application number
- Now click on search to check WBPDS Application Status.
WB Digital Ration Card Status | Check Online
WB Ration Card List | Check West Bengal (WBPDS) Rashan Card Name List 2021
- Select the District, Block/Municipality
- After this Select your Ward
- Now enter your Name and click on Search Button
- In this way, you will be able to see your Name in the WB Ration Card List
We have tried to cover all Information Regarding West Bengal Ration Card i.e. How to Apply, How to Check Status & How to View West Bengal Ration Card List. Feel free to share your thoughts & suggestions in the comments box below.
What is FOOD WB Portal?
Food WB is the portal of the Department of food supplies, Govt. of West Bengal.
What is E Ration Card Concept in west Bengal?
In order to avoid difficulties, citizens face due to physical ration cards in the state, the department has launched an E ration card or digital ration card. These are digital copies of ration card and works like a normal ration card.
What is my name is not in the ration card list?
If you have recently applied and your name is not on the list, don’t worry. The list gets updated usually in a month or so. Keep checking time to time for latest info. Or, you can contact the WBPDS helpline for more information.
You can contact the WBPDS helpline by dialling any of these toll-free numbers: 18003455505 OR 1967
What features are currently accessible on this portal for the public?
Any resident of West Bengal can access features like: Download ration card application form, check ration card status & check the ration card details by Name or by ration card number.