Step by Step Guide to Apply for Tamilnadu TN Free Internet 2 GBData Card Scheme for Students, Complete Details, Eligibility Criteria
In the latest move, the Tamilnadu Government has announced providing Free Internet Data to the state students. The recent announcement has made the students happy as this move will help the students to attend online classes. Moreover, each student will get 2 GB Data under this scheme. The government has also mentioned that this scheme is specially dedicated to students attending classes and preparing for exams online. The interested students can avail of this scheme directly online.
The interested students can apply for the scheme on the official web portal and register for the scheme.
Tamilnadu Students Free Internet Data Card Scheme
This article explains the online procedure to apply for the Free Interned Data Scheme for Students, Complete Details, and Eligibility Guidelines.
“To enable students to attend online classes, state govt announces free 2GB data per day to 9,69,047 students enrolled in government, government-aided arts and science colleges, polytechnic, engineering colleges and scholarship-funded private colleges from January-April, 2021,” Chief Minister K Palaniswami said in a statement.
Complete Details of the TN Free 2 GB Mobile Data Scheme
Let us see the features and highlights of the Tamilnadu Free 2 GB Mobile Data Scheme announced by the State Government.
- The scheme is dedicated to the students who are attending online classes in the pandemic.
- Under this scheme, each student will get 2 GB of Data to their mobiles/tablets.
- As many as 9,69,047 will get benefit from this free Internet Data Card Scheme.
- The scheme helps the students to continue attending their online classes with confidence.
- The duration of the Free Internet Data Scheme will be from January 2021 to April 2021.
- The Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd. (Elcot) is looking after the Free Internet Data Card Scheme’s functionality.
Eligibility Criteria for TN Free 2 GB Data Scheme
Let us see the eligibility criteria that an applicant should fulfill to get eligible for the scheme.
- The student should be a permanent resident of Tamilnadu State.
- TN Free Internet Data Scheme is for the students studying in Government and Government Aided schools in the state.
- The students from Science Colleges, Polytechnic Colleges, Engineering Colleges, and also scholarship funded private colleges.
- The students should have identity proof of the school/college and the required documents that may require registration.
Procedure to Apply Online for the TN Free 2 GB Student Mobile Data Scheme
Let us see the online procedure to apply and register online for the Free Internet Data Scheme announced by the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, Mr. Palanisamy.
- Tamilnadu Government has very recently announced the scheme to help the students attending the online classes.
- However, there is no government information about the registration and online application procedure of the Free Internet Data Scheme in this instance.
- We will keep you updated once there is an official announcement regarding the scheme’s application process.
- Please keep visiting our articles for the latest updates on the recent schemes.
TN 2 GB Free Internet Data Scheme 2021 FAQ’s
What is the amount of data that the eligible students will get under the Tamilnadu Free Internet Data Card Scheme?
The students will get a maximum of 2 GB of Data under the Tamilnadu Free Internet Data Scheme.
Is the application/registration procedure begin online for the Free 2GB Internet Data Scheme?
The scheme has been very recently launched, and the application/registration process is yet to begin online. We will keep you update once there is an official announcement regarding the scheme.
What is the primary benefit of the Tamilnadu Student Free Internet Data Scheme of Tamilnadu State?
Through this free mobile data scheme, the Tamilnadu State students can avail themselves of the free internet data to attend online classes.
Is the scheme applicable for the Polytechnic/Engineering students of Tamilnadu State?
Yes, the scheme is applicable for Polytechnic and Engineering students also in the state.