West Bengal student credit card scheme is now approved by WB Government. How to Apply online & fill registration form are discussed here. The awaited WB student credit card yojana officially starts from 30th June 2021. What are the eligibility criteria, required documents, loan interest date & form filling process is discussed here.
West Bengal student credit card scheme offers loans upto Rs. 10 Lakhs to students. This revolutionary scheme, if implemented properly, can help millions of students in WB
As promised in the Election Manifesto, the West Bengal Government Cabinet has approved the Student Credit Card Scheme (স্টুডেন্ট ক্রেডিট কার্ড) of West Bengal (WB). The main objective of the Student Credit Card scheme is to issue soft loans for students up to Rupees 10 Lakh. The students who are pursuing courses like UG, PG, Doctoral, and Post-Doctoral and Post-Doctoral studies in India or abroad are eligible for this scheme. However, the scheme will be rolled out from 30th June 2021.
West Bengal WB Student Credit Card Scheme
|Scheme Name||স্টুডেন্ট ক্রেডিট কার্ড (WB Student Credit Card)|
|Concerned Authority||West Bengal Government|
|Category||West Bengal Scheme|
|Cabinet Approval||24th June 2021|
|Launch Date||30th June 2021|
|Scheme Motive||To provide the students with educational loans up to 10 Lakh Rs. limit|
This article explains the online process to apply online for the Students Credit Card West Bengal, Online Registration Form 2021, and Other details on the official portal.
Before the elections, CM Mamta
Banerjee talked about a credit card scheme specially for students to enable them to get educational loans up to 10 Lakhs. This scheme was initially included in the manifesto. After the victory in West Bengal, Mamta Didi is fulfilling the promise by launching the Student Credit Card Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal Government Student Credit Card Loan Scheme
Let us see the eligibility criteria that an applicant should fulfill to get eligible for the West Bengal Credit Card loan Scheme.
- The applicant students should be pursuing their Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, or Post-Doctorial Courses in India or Abroad.
- The students should reside in West Bengal for at least 10 years to avail themselves of this scheme.
- The upper age limit to apply for the WB Student Credit Card scheme is 40 years.
- Students should pay the loan within 15 years from the loan sanctioned date.
- The West Bengal government offers a guarantee to the student loan. However, the CIBIL Score will also play a key role in the sanction of a loan.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme in Bengali
If you are interested to know about this scheme in bengali language, kindly refer to the image below.
Documents Required for new Credit card scheme launched by WB Govt
Find out the list of all the documents required to apply for the student soft loan scheme.
- Filed Application from.
- Approved Course Structures
- Fees Schedules
- Two passport Size Photo
- Proof of Address
- Family Income Certificate
- Form 16.
- 10th and 12th Class Marks Sheet
- The Document for enrolled or selected for enrolment for pursuing higher education
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card / PAN card / Passport Copy.
- Last Six Months Bank Account Statement
- Student Credit Card West Bengal (WB) | Apply Online, Registration Form 2021
- E Pass WB | Apply Online, Inter/Intra District, Entry Pass Booking, Registration Form 2021 @wb.gov.in
- WB Didi Ke Bolo | Portal, Online Complaint/Suggestion Registration | Toll Free Helpline Number, Whatsapp No., Email ID
- WB RKSY 1,2 Ration Card | West Bengal Rajya Khadya Suraksha Yojana Benefits ( Apply Online,Status,List)
- WB Bangla Sahayata Kendra | BSK Center data entry job apply, Online Registration Form 2021,West Bengal on bskwb portal
How to Apply Online for Mamta Didi Student Credit Card in West Bengal
Let us see the online process to apply for the Student Credit Card by the students pursuing Under Graduate and Post Graduate students.
- The cabinet has very recently approved the Student Credit Card Scheme.
- Moreover, it has also been said that the scheme will roll out officially from 30th June 2021.
- Thus we have to wait for the official website, online application procedure, official notification PDF, etc.
- We will keep you posted once there is an official announcement regarding the same.
WB Higher Education Loan Credit Card Scheme Online Registration, Application Form 2021
- You can keep visiting the official portal of West Bengal for further updates regarding the scheme.
- Please keep visiting our articles to get the latest updates on the various state and central government schemes.
Expenses Covered Under WB Student Loan Credit Card Yojana
Let us see the expenses covered under the West Bengal Higher Studies Education Loan, as shown below.
- College Fee and Hostel Fee
- Caution deposit, Building fund refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/receipts.
- Purchase of books/ equipment / instruments / uniforms
- Examination, Library and Laboratory fee
- Purchase of computer at affordable costs (if necessary)
- The other expenses necessitated completing the courses such as study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
Student Credit Card Yojana West Bengal (WB) FAQs
What is the main objective behind the launch of the Student Credit Scheme West Bengal (WB)?
The WB Student Credit Cards help the students to avail of the education loan for higher studies.
Who are eligible for the student loan provided by the West Bengal government for higher studies?
The students should be pursuing their Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, or Post-Doctorial Courses in India or Abroad to apply for this scheme.
What is the period in which the applicants should repay the student education loan in return?
The applicants should repay the loan within 15 years from the sanctioned date.
What is the interest rate that students should pay for availing of the WB Student Education Loan 2021?
The students should pay the interest of as low as 4% for the student education loan.