The Odisha government initiated the Chatra Protsahan Yojana which is called in short form CPY. The main aim of this yojana is to provide free coaching to the Scheduled Tribal (ST) students. The coaching is to be provided for the engineering and medical entrance examinations. For ages and ages, people belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe have been looked down upon. They were seen as different from society. They were not allowed into schools, temples. All this happened in previous decades long ago. But even now, due to not having proper education, the jobs which they are eligible for are low.
Due to these low jobs again, low salary is received and the next generation also faces the problem of low salary. This is being continued from generation to generation. So the main aim of government is to upscale the lives of the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes. This particularly aims at giving them proper education for their proper future ahead and for them to be self-sufficient.
Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana
This article explains the complete details about the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana, Step by Step Guide to Apply Online CPY Free Coaching Scheme for Sc/ST Students, Online Registration Procedure on the Official Portal.
Please Visit Our Articles
Highlights of Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana
Let us see the highlights and features of the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Scheme launched by Odisha State Government.
- There are a limited number of students who will be selected for the coaching program of the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana.
- Around 320 students every year are selected and provided the free education. Therefore, such students are only selected only those who are serious about their studies have particular goals and ambitions in life.
- Only in such a case, there will be immense benefit also from the coaching program of the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana. The seats of the medical and entrance examinations are given based on the caste system.
- It means special seats are reserved for them. Every year around 30,000 SC, ST students pass out from secondary education. MoUs are signed with coaching agencies to give preparatory training for the entrance exams of medical and engineering.
Benefits of Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana
Let us see the benefits of the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana, as shown below.
- NEET and JEE have seats based on the caste system
- The cut-offs have been very low for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students from the beginning.
- So, students can work hard a little and they can secure a very good seat.
- Comparing with other castes, Scheduled Caste, and Scheduled Tribes can secure seats very easily.
- So, in this way Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students can get admission into top reputed universities like IITs, NITs, AIIMS
How to Apply Online for CPY Odisha SC/ST Free Coaching Scheme, Online Registration
Students passing out of SSD schools will be selected on the basis of their performance in HSC examination and a selection test. The scheme has been prepared by the department keeping in mind the needs of the students residing in tribal pockets who are unable to realise their potential due to lack of access to better coaching opportunities.Let us see the online procedure to apply online for CPY Odisha Free SC/ST Coaching Scheme.
- Every year around March, applications open for Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana.
- Visit the website around that time.
- YOU will see the notifications, publishing, press release regarding the same here.
- Then click on that link. Read the terms and conditions, last date, required documents
- Then, click on the apply link and then simple follow the process.
Note: In this instance, there is no official information regarding the online application process. We will keep you updated once there is an official announcement regarding the same.
All the interested applicants can visit the Official Portal and Apply Online for the Odisha CPY Free Coaching Scheme for SC/ST Students.
FAQs on Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana
What is the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana?
The Odisha government initiated the Chatra Protsahan Yojana which is called in short form CPY. The main aim of this yojana is to provide free coaching to the Scheduled Trible (ST) students. The coaching is to be provided for the engineering and medical entrance examinations.
For who is the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana initiated?
The Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana is launched keeping the Schedules Caste and Schedules Tribe in mind. The Chatra Protsahan aims at providing free coaching for the students belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe.
Which exams are targeted under the free coaching scheme of the Odisha Chatra Protsaha yojana CPY?
The entrance exams are being targeted under the free coaching scheme of the Odisha Chatra Protsaha yojana CPY. The exams are entrance examinations of medical and engineering entrance exams. They are NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) and JEE mains and Jee advanced (Joint entrance examination).
Which is the official website for applying online for the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana?