Find out National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) Yojana 2020, Features, Benefits
On the eve of the 74th Independence day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a flagship program called National Digital Health Mission. This is one of the digital programs launched to pave the way for Digital India. The objective of this scheme is to cover the entire health eco-system through Integrated Health Systems.
It includes the Health ID, Personal Health Records, Digi Doctor, and Health Facility Registry.
National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) Scheme 2020, Features & Benefits
In this article, we explain to you about the National Digital Health Mission Scheme, Features and Benefits of the Health Mission 2020.
Features of National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) Yojana 2020
The NDHM is going to maintain by the National Health Authority ( NHA), which comes under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Let us have a look at the features of the Digital Health Mission (NDHM) 2020 below.
- The availability of the NDHM is going to be on the Website and App.
- Through the Digi Doctor option, the doctors can register their details and contact numbers on the portal.
- All the medical databases of every Indian will be stored through the National Health ID.
- Every citizen can enroll their medical history in the medical health care provided; they can avail of this by submitting the necessary details like Mobile Number and Aadhar Card.
- The scheme includes various healthcare providers such as hospitals, Pharmacies, Laboratories, Insurance Companies, etc.
- The Health ID is voluntary to the citizens, and the Health ID scope is applicable all over the country.
Benefits of National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) Scheme 2020
The core objective of the National Digital Health Mission is to integrate all the health care services digitally under one umbrella. However, citizens shall have the following benefit through the NDHM Scheme.
- It is a repository of medical information of the patient where all the medical history of the individual patient is stored.
- The citizens can view the database of doctors all over the country.
- The stored database of the patients helps in preventing medical errors and allows quick treatment.
- The patient can view his/her medical history stored in the health card.
- Health care services will become more transparent and flexible.
- Saves time and money, wherein the doctors can find the medical history of the patient in the health card.
- It provides access to health care services for rural citizens.
- It Develops the medical infrastructure across the country.
National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) Yojana FAQ
What is the objective of the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) Yojana?
The objective of the National Digital Health Mission ( NDHM) is to provide Integrated Health Care Services across the country.
What is Health ID Card in National Digital Health Mission?
The Health ID Card stores all the medical data of an individual across the country
Can doctors register their details on the NDHM Yojana Portal?
Yes, the doctors can register their details on the NDHM Yojana Portal.
What details are stored in the Health ID Card of the patient?
All the patient details like Blood Group, BMI Index, and past medical history are stored in the Health ID Card.