As expected, Maharashtra Chief Minister Shri Uddhav Thackrey has announced that the government is imposing the Janta Curfew in the state. The government has taken this step to curb the spread of the Corona Virus in the state. Moreover, the government has also issued an official notification about the rules and guidelines of the Maharashtra Janta Curfew in April 2021. The curfew comes into existence from 14th April 2021 and ends on 1st May 2021. It has also been announced that the government implements Section 144 all across the state.
The readers can find the complete details of the Maharashtra Janta Curfew and guidelines announced by the government.
Maharashtra Janta Curfew
This article explains the Maharashtra Janta Curfew, BMC Notification, Rules and Guidelines PDF in April 2021.
BMC Notification Official PDF Download
Let us see the pdf guidelines on the recently announced notification of the recently announced Maharashtra Janta Curfew.
- As discussed above, Maharashtra State Government has imposed a 15-day curfew in the state.
- For this, the government has issued an official notification regarding the same. The interested candidates should download the notification for their reference.
- Click Here to read the official notification of BMC regarding the 15 days curfew in the Maharashtra State.
Rules of Maharashtra Janta Curfew April 2021
Let us see details of the Jantha Curfew according to the Bihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) notification.
Section 144 (prohibitory orders) of the Criminal Procedure Code will be in force till the “lockdown-like” restrictions are in place, Thackeray said.
Activities allowed in Mumbai, Pune, and Other Cities
- According to the notification, all the essential services will function from 7 AM to 8 PM.
- There is a relaxation for private vehicles in case of emergency. Besides, public transportation will also be functional with restrictions.
- There is a restriction on the occupancy of passengers on the vehicle. On Auto-Rickshaw, the occupancy of 2 passengers is allowed, on taxi, 50% occupancy is allowed, and on the buses, the full occupancy is allowed with no standing passengers.
- All the Banks and Government Offices are allowed to function with minimum staff.
- All the registered media houses are allowed to mobilize for the new coverage.
- Veterinary services and animal care shelters and pet food shops will also be allowed to remain open.
- The trains and flights travel according to the schedule. However, the passengers travelling should show a valid ticket on demand.
- Online Deliveries are also allowed in the case of essential goods.
- Weddings and funerals will be allowed with a maximum of 20 to 25 people.
- Domestic workers and drivers are also allowed to work during the curfew.
Activities not allowed in Mumbai, Pune, and Other parts of Maharashtra
- The government will not allow any kinds of unnecessary travel during the curfew.
- All the open and public gathering places like beaches, gardens will be closed.
- Bars and restaurants inside hotels can serve in-house guests only.
- Barbers shops, spas, salons and beauty parlors to remain closed.
- Online orderings and delivery of unnecessary goods are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Construction activities will be allowed only for sites where laborers’ live on site.
- No Private coaching centers are allowed to open in the curfew period.
- The shops and malls that are not providing the essential services will be closed.
- Schools, Colleges, Religious, Restaurants, Cinema Halls, Salons, Spas, Swimming Pools, Clubs, Gyms, and Amusement Parks will remain closed.
- It is also to be noted that no political, social and religious gatherings will be allowed.
- The Cooperative Housing Societies with more than 5 active coronavirus positive cases will be treated as a micro containment zone by displaying the same at the outside of the apartment/building.
Maharashtra Janta Curfew FAQs
What is the duration of the Maharashtra Janta Curfew imposed by the State Government?
The Maharashtra Janta Curfew duration is 15 days that has already started and ends on 2nd May 2021.
Are the essential services open during the 15 days long curfew imposed by the Maharashtra State?
Yes, all the essential and emergency services will run as usual in the state.
What is the main motive of announcing the immediate curfew in Maharashtra State?
The main motive of announcing the immediate curfew is to curb the spread of the Corona Virus in the state.
Will the citizens, are allowed to travel during the curfew period imposed by the Maharashtra State Government?
The citizens are only allowed to travel for the essential and emergency services in the state.