The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), along with Railways, is working on the project of issuing railway passes to the commuters in Mumbai. The main objective behind introducing the QR Based Universal Travel Pass is to curb the people’s illegal use of fake railway passes. Through this pass, the citizens will have access to local suburban trains, Mumbai Metro and Monorail. The new initiative will help the BMC to keep track of the people using the local train services.
The interested applicants can visit the official portal and apply e-pass online for the Mumbai Local Trains.
Mumbai local train e pass
This article explains the online procedure to apply the Mumbai Local Train Epass online on the official portal, Features and the functionality of the epass.
Features of Mumbai QR-Code Based Travel Pass
Let us see the features of the Mumbai QR-Code Based Travel Pass launched by the BMC and Railway.
- The citizens residing in the financial capital of Mumbai and neighboring areas will be eligible for the pass.
- The new initiative will provide a hassle-free travel experience.
- The new QR code-based pass enable the citizens to travel according to 5 levels.
- The following initiative will allow the civic body to control crowding the coronavirus pandemic.
- Through this new initiation, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will keep track of people travelling in the local trains based on the restrictions imposed.
- The new QR-code-based ticketing initiative will be checked at the railway stations in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
- It can be done with the help of a smartphone or QR code reader.
- If any passenger found travelling without the authentic QR Code will be fined Rs 500 on the spot.
- Moreover, the people who found the fake passes will be immediately handed over to the Railway Police.
How the Mumbai Travel Pass Works
Let us see the information about the working procedure of the Mumbai Local Train Travel Pass.
- The passes will be issued to the people working in the emergency and essential services in this pandemic to use the local train services.
- Using this epass initiative, the BMC can keep track of the locals using the locals based on the restrictions imposed.
- The railway will issue the pass in ‘Degrees’ of lockdown restrictions. The residents of the areas under Levels 1, 2, and 3 lockdowns will be issued a Degree 3 pass, allowing them to travel.
- Commuters issued a Degree 2 pass will travel if the restriction level is 1 or 3.
- Those commuters with Degree 5 pass will be allowed to travel on the local trains regardless of the restrictions.
How to Apply Online for Mumbai Local Train Epass
The applicants should register and apply on the official portal msdmacov19.mahait.org. The online application process has already commenced on the portal. Let us see the procedure to apply online for the Mumbai Local Train ePass.
- Visit the Official Portal of Covid Maharashtra Portal.
- It takes the online users to the Home Page below.
- Click on the Universal Travel Pass button at the top of the Home Page.
- It then redirects the online user to the following page below.
- Click on the Register Your Establishment button.
- It then displays the Establishment Registration Form.
- Enter the Establishment Registration Number, Photo of Establishment Registration Certificate, Establishment Name, Address Line 1, Adress Line 2, Address Line 3, Pin Code, and District.
- Select/Enter the Establishment Category, Establishment Type, and Number of Staff Needing Passes.
- Under the Co-ordinator details, Enter the Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Designation.
- Click on the Checkbox: I agree to the above conditions.
- Click on the Register button.
- It then successfully registers your establishment on the portal.
Apply Online for Mumbai local train e pass FAQs
What is the primary objective behind the launch of the Mumbai Local Train epass?
The primary objective of introducing the Mumbai Local Train Epass is to curb the fake local train passes.
What is the complete form of the BMC concerning the following article?
The complete form of the BMC is Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, concerning the following article.
Who are eligible for Universal Travel Pass introduced by the BMC along with Railways?
The citizens residing in the financial capital of Mumbai and neighboring areas will be eligible for the pass.
What is the main feature of the Mumbai Local Train epass launched by the BMC?
The unique feature of the Mumbai Local Train epass is that the passes are enabled with QR-Code.