Mutation Certificate is the document essential for transferring property ownership from one person to another. The property may be land, building, or any tangible asset. It is also known as the Daakhil Kharij in Hindi. The Delhi Mutation Certificate’s significant advantage is that the property will get transferred to the owner’s name. There are generally two types of mutations for agricultural lands, and the other is for non-agricultural lands.
The interested applicants of Delhi can visit the official portal and download the mutation certificate online.
Delhi Mutation Certificate
This article explains the step-by-step guide to download the mutation certificate, documents required.
Importance of Mutation Certificate
Let us see the importance of procuring the Mutation Certificate by the citizens (buyers of property), as shown below.
- Mutation Records helps the government identify the right owner and levying the property tax from rightful owners.
- It helps to rectify errors in the records in case of any unauthorized transaction against the property.
- It adds credibility to the right owners of the property.
- It acts as sole proof for ownership of the property.
- For agricultural lands, without Mutation, the ownership of property won’t be passed on to the new owner
- A mutation certificate serves as proof for the right owners, and it helps when he/she sells the property.
Step by Step Guide to Download Delhi Mutation Certificate
Let us see the step-by-step guide to download the Delhi Mutation Certificate online on the official portal. This procedure is for people who have properties in Delhi.
- Visit the Official Portal of Online Mutation Approval System Delhi.
- It takes the online applicants to the Home Page Below.
- Click on the Download Mutation Certificate.
- It then takes the online applicants to the following page below.
- Select/Enter the SRO Office, Registration Number, Registration Date, and Captcha Code.
- Click on the Search Button.
- It then downloads the Mutation Certificate into the browser.
- The applicant can take the printout of the application and keep it safe for future references.
Documents Required for Daakhil Kharij in case of Will or Inheritance.
Let us look at the list of documents required for Will or Inheritance, as shown below.
- Death certificate
- Affidavit on stamp paper
- Succession certificate copy
- Copy of Power of Attorney
- Sale deeds
- Registration deeds
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Affidavit on stamp paper of requisite value
- Receipt of property tax payments till date
- Mutation application with court fee stamp affixed
Documents Required for the Mutation for sale of property
Let us look at the list of documents required for the Mutation of Property as shown below.
- Property mutation application form
- Copy of the sale/title deed
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Property tax receipts
- Affidavit on stamp papers
- Indemnity bond
- Copy of will or succession certificate or death certificate of the owner (if applicable)
Note: Please remember that the documents essential for the mutation process are different from different states.
Delhi Mutation Certificate FAQs
What is the Mutation Certificate discussed in the following article?
Mutation Certificate is the document that confirms the transfer of ownership from the seller to the buyer.
Why Mutation Certificate is that important to people?
Mutation Certificate is important because it acts as the proof for the transfer of ownership and avoids unnecessary legal issues in the future.
What is the official portal in which the citizens of Delhi can download the Mutation Certificate?
The citizens of Delhi can download the Mutation Certificate using the official portal online.ndmc.gov.in/mcert.
What are the two types of Mutation Certificates discussed in the following article?
The two types of Mutation Certificates discussed in the articles are a mutation of agricultural property and non-agricultural properties.